Gray County 4-H had their food show this past weekend. 4-H members of all ages showed off their culinary skills and knowledge in this food competition.
At the Food Show, 4-H members select a recipe from the contest categories and then prepare and present it to a panel of judges. The categories include: Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish, and Healthy Dessert. 4-H members must also keep in mind about the presentation of their dish. During the interview, the judges will ask the 4-H members a series of questions about their dish such as asking about the preparation process, the nutrients and ingredients, personal dietary needs, and cost analysis of the dish.
The purpose of the Food Show is for 4-H members to build their knowledge of food nutrition and food preparation as well as hone their public speaking skills through culinary experiences.
The winners of the Gray County 4-H Food Show are:
• Gatlin Thomas - Junior Appetizer - Deviled Eggs
• Harper Nachtigall - Junior Side Dish - Cucumber Tomato Salad
• Jace Richardson - Junior Healthy Desserts - Star Spangled Sugar Cookies
• Alexandria Hembree - Junior Healthy Desserts - Red, White, and Blue Cobbler
• Eli Richardson - Intermediate Side Dish - Grilled Corn Salad
• Blake Hembree - Intermediate Side Dish - Bacon Jalapeño Corn Salad
• Tony Soria - Senior Appetizer - Triple T: Tiny Taco Tarts
• Brycen Epperson - Senior Main Dish - Garlic Butter Steak Bites
• Andrew Schantin - Senior Healthy Dessert - Fruity Paris Brest
These participants will be advancing to the District Competition held in Amarillo on October 24th.
Of the 4-H members, it was Thomas’, Hembree’s, and Richardson’s first time participating and Soria’s last time participating in Gray County 4-H Food Show.
For more information about Gray County 4-H, visit their website at https://gray.agrilife.org/4-h/.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here