As I have traveled across America from New York to California, on highways and back country roads, I always enjoy reading church signs. We as Americans love to show our faith outside our churches on our signs. Let me share several of my favorites.
• Exercise daily, walk with God.
• This church is prayer conditioned.
• A sharp tongue and a dull mind are usually found in the same head.
• Be fishers of men, you catch them, God will clean them.
• The thing to spend on your children is time
• Beware of the high cost of low living.
• God’s mercy is greater than our mistakes.
The purpose of the church sign is meant to challenge and to change us. It’s hard not to look at them as you drive by those signs of faith.
• Two rules of life: Rule 1, God is in control. Rule 2, See rule one!
• Every new leaf and flower of springtime speaks of Jesus resurrection.
• The cross is the bridge of heaven.
• With every beat of your heart you are close to God.
• Eternity is a long time to think of what you should have done.
• Try Jesus! If you don’t like Him, the devil will always take you back.
• You think it’s hot here.
• Plan ahead! It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
• Where will you be spending eternity … smoking or non-smoking?
• A man’s best gift to his children is His love their mother.