Earlier this week, the Board of Trustees of the Pampa Independent School District had a regular meeting.
The meeting began with a declaration of a quorum/ calling the meeting to order.
The first order of business was administering the Oath of Office and swearing in the elected board members. Denise Intemann, Richard Qualls, and Dr. Emily Arrington each recited the oath and were officially sworn in.
Next, the PISD Board of Trustees entered into an executive session for an hour.
Once the members returned from the executive session, the meeting took an opportunity to highlight Harvesters and employees alike, as part of PISD’s Spotlight on Excellence.
The names of those who were honored are as follows:
State Tennis - Honored by: Luis Nava, David Godino, and Denise Intemann.
• Mason Bagwell and Terry Ketchum.
State Track - Honored by: Luis Nava, David Godino, and Denise Intemann.
• Avery Ferguson, Madox Jones, and Emma Searl.
State Golf - Sawyer Burleson was honorably mentioned, however, he was unable to be in attendance as he was competing at the time.
Food Nutrition Staff - Honored by: Emily Arrington, Cade Taylor, Richard Qualls, and Misty Leblanc.
• Laura Barriga, Karen Barton, Maria Campos, Maria Castillo, Micaela Cruz deMartinez, Denise Dodson, Maria Gamez, Tammie Green, Jacque Haddock, Summer Hardy, Cathy Hearron, Maria Jaime, Debbie Keller, Estrella Medina, Margarita Mendez, Brenda Montes, Christine Needham, Steven Nielson, Yvette Provost, Rita Raines, Alondra Ramirez, Bertha Ramirez, Maribel Servin, Sandra Silva, Ernestina Tarango, Belinda Teague, and Tina Zepeda.
Warehouse Staff - Honored by: Emily Arrington, Cade Taylor, Richard Qualls, and Misty Leblanc.
• Curtis Brown and Dustin Wright.
The next item in the meeting was to listen to public comments. However, as there were no public comments to be heard, the meeting continued.
The Consent Agenda was up next for discussion. The items are as follows:
• Consideration and action to approve monthly financial reports. - Approved.
• Consideration and action to approve board minutes: April 24, 2023, and May 10, 2023. - Approved.
• Consideration and action to approve instructional materials allotment and TEKS certification. - Approved.
• Consideration and action to approve submission of low attendance waiver to TEA. - Approved.
Next, Bill Pinkham, from Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins & Mott, LLP, reporting tax collections.
Once Pinkham’s report concluded, Heath Parker, the PISD Chief Financial Officer, gave a presentation of the Budget Workshop.
The Discussion Items are as follows:
• Budget Workshop - Discussed.
• Consideration and action to approve the tax rate to be included in the public notice - Discussed in Budget Workshop.
• Consideration and action to approve a reimbursement resolution expressing intent to reimburse expenditures from proceeds of future obligations - Discussed in Budget Workshop.
• Consideration and action on a resolution designating a construction delivery method, setting weighted criteria, and other action related there to for the District’s 2023 Bond Projects - Discussed in Budget Workshop.
• Set a meeting date to hold a Public Hearing to adopt the 2023-2024 budget - Discussed in Budget Workshop.
• Fund Balance Classification Update: Discuss moving the District’s emergency savings to committed or assigned from unassigned. - Discussed in Budget Workshop.
• Consideration and action to approve revisions to policy EIA(LOCAL): Academic Achievement: Grading / Progress Reports to Parents - Discussed and Approved.
• Consideration and possible action to approve the revised 2023-2024 PISD Academic Calendar - Discussed and Approved.
• Discussion and possible action regarding the reorganization of Board of Trustee Officer positions - Discussed.
• Discussion of West Texas A & M University Annual Spring Board Conference - Discussed.
The Information Items are as follows:
• Enrollment Report - Discussed.
The Reports are as follows:
• Strategic Planning Update - Year 3 - Discussed.
• Student Health Advisory Council Committee (SHAC) annual update - Discussed.
• Hear a report from Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins & Mott, LLP regarding tax collections - Discussed.
The Personnel items are as follows:
• Employment of professional employees(s) - Discussed and Approved.
• Employment of non-chapter 21 employees(s) - Discussed and Approved.
The meeting concluded. The next PISD Board of Trustees Meeting will be on June 26th at 5:45 pm at 1233 N. Hobart Street.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here