Do you have coupons that you will never use? Are there expired coupons collecting dust? Don’t throw them out, help a troop out!
Pampa’s VFW Post 1657 is seeking unused coupons to send to military members and their families via the program, Troopons ® - Coupons for Troops.
With this program, expired coupons up to six months after the expiration date, can be used on U.S. military bases overseas. With these coupons, troops and their families buy items like consumables and essentials at an affordable price.
Here is the list of requirements for the coupons that can be used:
• From manufacturers for individual products; examples include items like soup, pasta, or toothpaste.
• Not for individual stores - coupons for individual stores cannot be used.
• Clipped out individually.
• Packaged in sandwich-size plastic bags
• Not assistance vouchers, not food stamps or the like; not restaurant coupons
• Separated into food, non-food, baby, and pet baggies (the military advises they will recycle unsorted coupons due to lack of manpower).
VFW Post 1657 requests that any unused/expired coupons be dropped off at the Pampa News Office, located on 403 W. Atchison. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
For more information about Troopons ®, visit supportourtroops.org/troopons. To contact VFW Post 1657, call (806) 669-1264.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here